Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome to Eileen's Inaugral Blog

Thank you to Cheryl Kaye Tardif for inviting me to regularly contribute to Criminal Minds at Work. Although I'm a novelist, my background is in journalism and I've decided to spice things up a bit by doing a monthly blog on real life crime that is making the news.

The real people who commit crimes, the families and societies that foster criminals, the organizations that run crime, the officers that uncover crime, the prosecutors and judges who deal with crime, the legislators who define crime--are fascinating as well as inspiring. And, let's not forget the victims of crime--the ones about whom the entire scenario revolves.

I hope my blog will prod your imagination, peak your interest, and provide you with entertainment. Because, after all, we know that "truth is stranger than fiction."

To start you off, here is an interesting link to a report done by the RCMP on criminal activity in Canada. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pubs/index-eng.htm I enjoy reading background information like this and then letting my imagination run wild with the statistics. Basing one's stories on facts, not only lends credence to a writer but allows her to make appropriate and important comments on society. I like to weave messages into my tales because I want to be more than simply entertaining. I want to contribute to my community and make my world a better place.

Until next time, write on!

Eileen Schuh, Canadian Author
"Schrödinger’s Cat"
http://www.eileenschuh.com/
http://eileenschuh.blogspot.com/

Eileen Schuh recently signed her first publishing contract. Her novella "Schrodinger's Cat", a psychological crime thriller than spans two universes, will be released in both print and ebook formats in 2011 by Wolfsinger Publications.

3 comments:

Cheryl Tardif said...

I'm so glad you decided to join us, Eileen. I know you as an excellent researcher and writer, and I'm looking forward to all your posts. But do you have to make us wait so long in between?? hehe

Feel free to blog as often as you want here. And congratulations on your publishing contract. I can't wait for the release of Schrodinger's Cat!

Cheryl Kaye Tardif

Eileen Schuh: said...

Thanks, Cheryl. I'd blog more often but I need time for my real-life crime fighting career...

Maryannwrites said...

Welcome Eileen. I think your story leads will come in handy.