Thursday, June 05, 2008

A little hometown hoopla

My local community magazine, Plano Profile, just did a feature piece on yours truly. In the article, the reviewer and I discuss nature vs. nurture, the unspeakable infanticide tragedies that took place in Plano and her positive reaction to reading JANEOLOGY.

The verdict is in for Karen Harrington’s legal thriller Janeology. Released last April, the 246-page, fictional suspense presents a puzzle-of-a-plot, where, piece by piece, each chapter is one strand of DNA closer to the truth.

To read the full article, follow the link below.


http://www.wishbonegraphics.com/adminnm/templates/pp-author.asp?articleid=3751&zoneid=12

This was an interesting piece to work on, in part, because of a conversation I struck up with the photographer. He was a photo journalist for the Navy during Vietnam. For many reasons, I have a thing for Vietnam and our country's history with that nation. (My first novel was about Vietnam.)

One of the things this photographer said to me was, "I was trying to shoot pictures of them and they were trying to shoot me. Didn't seem like a fair trade."

No comments: