Tuesday, July 10, 2007

That White Page!

Aw, the blank white page stares back at me daring me to enter the first word. Why is the first sentence the most tortuous? Whether on paper or on the computer screen, getting started is always the hardest. Could you say procrastination is one of my skills? Most probably. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm on page one of a new novel or if I've been barrelling right along and just stopped for the night. Starting up again is a struggle. Maybe I should say I'm waiting for inspiration but the truth is inspiriation comes with hard work. Where's my discipline? A quote I can never get out of my mind is: a writer is only a writer when he writes. So I should get back to it - my second novel, Memory of Murder. A preview is available at Windy Gale Books.

No comments: