Monday, February 20, 2012

This is Mystery and Writing Covention Time

The first one up for me is Epicon. This is a convention for e-published authors and has been around for a long, long time. This year it will be in San Antonio TX. One of my books is a finalist in their competition--not a mystery this time, it's Lingering Spirit, a romance with a touch of the supernatural.

No, I haven't given up writing mysteries. Actually this book was written and published a long time ago. It had a new lease on life when one of my mystery publishers picked it up and released it as an e-book.

Epicon focuses on the e-book and is geared toward published writers.

Left Coast Crime is in Sacramento this year, not too far north of where I live. When I checked out plane fares, etc., the cost was astronomical and I had to make dumb changes whether I flew out of Bakersfield or Fresno. One flight would have taken me to Phoenix AZ, back to San Francisco, then another small town before the destination of Sacramento. The other one I found was just as dumb, so I decided to check out the train. For much less cost and a trip straight to Sacramento, I bought my train ticked. I've always loved LCC and have attended several. Probably the most fun about LCC is seeing old friends, writers and readers, and meeting a lot of new people who all love mysteries.

The only other conference I'm going to this year isn't until July, the Public Safety Writers Association. http://www.policewriter.com/ in Las Vegas. Check out the program and see all the great speakers, from FBI to a Foresnic Nurse. There will also be craft and promo panels.

The rest of the time I'll be promoting on line, writing the next mystery, and giving talks at libraries and anywhere else I'm invited, and going to craft and book festivals.

Marilyn

No comments: