- ...at no time will I diligently seek out a computer with an internet connection
- ...if by chance I find a computer with internet connection ,I will refrain from writing emails, checking emails, twittering, tweeting, facebooking, scanning headlines, playing Bejeweled (etc., etc., etc.)
- ...while gazing out across the ocean at sunset, I will not envisage a platoon of marines (pirates, drug smugglers, heavily-armed Americans) advancing toward shore
- ...while dining out, I will be entirely focused on the company I'm keeping, and the food I am eating, and the conversation I am having--not designing yet another twist to the already-over-complicated plot of my work in progress at home
- ...I will not conclude that each tiny hint of a military presence means a coup is imminent and our lives are in mortal danger
- ...I will not spend any time whatsoever trying to create the most imaginative and accurate phrases to describe the Panama Canal (the maid, the river, the ocean, the sand, the waitress, the tall, tanned guy in the yellow Speedo)
- ...I will not trundle out of bed before sunrise to write in my diary and, lastly...
- ...at 1 a.m. when we return to Alberta after a 9 hour flight and a two-week vacation, I will not insist we immediately drive the 3 hours home because I'm sure I have a time-sensitive email from an agent (publisher, editor, royal family member) with a contract (royal wedding invitation) attached.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
While on my upcoming vacation in Panama, I hereby promise the universe (and my hubby) that:
Posted by Eileen Schuh: at 8:57 AM