Cheryl's post about all the depression in the premier of Medium reminds me of the following joke. Don't know where it originated but whoever put it together is a comedy genius - and as you may have noticed, I tend toward the lighter side of things on this sight. Did you know that when motion pictures were in their infancy, Charlie Chaplin made people laugh so much that theatre owners had to go around and tighten the bolts on the theatre seats regularly?
Anyways, if you have a warped slightly dark sense of humour, get ready to loosen those bolts!
Psychiatric Office Answering Machine:
Hello, welcome to the mental health hot line:
· If you are obsessive compulsive, press one repeatedly,
· If you are co-dependant, ask someone to press two for you,
· If you have multiple personalities press three, four, five and six,
· If you are paranoid we know what you are and what you want. Stay on the line and we’ll trace your call,
· If you are delusional, press seven and your call will be transferred to the mother ship,
· If you are schizophrenic listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press,
· If you are depressive it doesn’t matter which number you press, no one will answer you,
· If you are dyslexic press 69, 69, 69, 69,
· If you have a nervous disorder please fidget with the hatch key until you hear the beep … after the beep, please wait for the beep,
· If you have a short term memory lost please try your call again latter,
- And if you have low self esteem, hang up, all of our operators are too busy to talk to you.