Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sometimes I Cheat...

Sometimes I cheat on blogging - ironically it seems to get in the way of my writing - and just offer up gems of mystery wisdom from other authors. Mystery Trivia is an important aspect of the genre, I think, and as you can see from the side bar under other blogs ... the importance of being trivial should not be understated. So, for the first time ever, a dual entry.

“Nobody reads a mystery to get to the middle. They read it to get to the end. If it's a letdown, they won't buy anymore. The first page sells that book. The last page sells your next book.”
- Mickey Spillane

2 comments:

Cheryl Tardif said...

Cheat away! :) I like these little tidbits of inspiration.

Cheryl

Juanita Rose Violini said...

Thanks Cheryl - by some strange intuition I checked for comments - which I never do - and there was one!